Driving on the roads of Idaho is not without its risks. Accidents happen quite frequently in Boise, and more often than not, victims suffer the consequences of someone’s negligence. Idaho is a fault state. If you suffered injuries in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you should seek legal advice immediately. In this post, we are sharing the pros and cons of hiring a Boise Idaho auto accident lawyer.
- Get free advice. Most accident attorneys offer a free case evaluation, and you don’t have to pay a dime to know what your claim is worth. This is also a good window to know your lawyer better.
- Know your claim and unique circumstances. What happens if you are also at fault for the accident? Idaho’s modified comparative fault rule makes it possible to recover compensation from the other party, as long as you are not at fault. An attorney can ensure that you don’t end up taking the entire blame.
- Deal with the insurance company professionally. Insurance companies and their representatives are known for using various tactics to reduce and deny claims. Don’t let that happen to your case. If you hire a personal injury lawyer, they will negotiate on your behalf and fetch you a fair settlement.
- No immediate free. There is no upfront fee for hiring an accident lawyer. Most personal injury law firms in Idaho take accident claims and lawsuits on a contingency arrangement. If you don’t recover monetary compensation, your lawyer doesn’t get anything.
- You don’t have to deal with the paperwork. Paperwork and documentation related to the accident claims process can be overwhelming. When you hire an attorney, they will deal with everything for you.
On the flip side
- Lawyers come for a cost. If you win a settlement, the lawyer will take a part of it as their fee. If you are concerned about the percentage, it usually varies between 25% and 40% depending on the facts of the case.
Hiring an attorney for your accident case or a possible lawsuit is beneficial in many ways. If you deal with the claims adjuster directly, you may end up accepting their offer, which will be way less than what you possibly deserve. Don’t let the cost of hiring downplay the advantages. You don’t have to pay a lawyer until you are paid, and whatever you recover would be more than what the insurance company will typically offer.