- Texting and driving are responsible for 25% of all accidents. This is six times more than drunk driving.
- It takes 5 seconds to glance at your phone or check a message at 55 mph. This distance is equal to a football field. This is quite a distance for distracted driving.
- Texting can increase your accident risk by 23 percent
- Driving while using a cell phone slows down the driver’s reaction time by 20%.
- Texting drivers cause 1.6 million car accidents each year and 330,000 injuries per year
Texting And Driving In Florida
Driving while texting is becoming a more dangerous activity, especially in Florida where traffic congestion and increased traffic are increasing.
Teens are notorious for texting while driving and texting. Many drivers believe they can multitask and are confident. Texting while driving and texting are dangerous for everyone around you.
There are three types of distracted drivers:
- Visually: Anything that distracts the driver’s attention from the road or mirrors
- Manually: Anything that requires the driver to take his hands off the wheel or gearshift
- Mentally: Anything that distracts the driver from the task at hand is called negligent driving.
Texting while driving and texting are two examples of distracted driving. The National Safety Council (NSC), studies show that mental distractions caused by texting and driving persist for 30 seconds after the event. This means that drivers will be distracted for at least half an hour.
Texting and driving accident victims can suffer long-term injuries, disabilities, financial hardships, and even liability. A Sandy car accident lawyer is necessary if you are in this situation. We first look at whether the other driver was texting or distracted while driving when we manage a car accident case for a client. To determine if they were using their phone while driving, we can access the driver’s phone records. It can be difficult to get such data, but Jenkins Law P.L.’s personal injury lawyers know how to help you!
Car Accident Lawyer
Jenkins Law P.L. treats injuries as a personal matter. Because we know how devastating and stressful these injuries can be, we take your injuries seriously. We will represent any client who is injured by texting or driving accidents. You or someone you care about has been injured by texting and driving accidents. We can help you find the best personal injury lawyer to assist you in your fight for the compensation you deserve.
This post was written by Kelly-Ann Jenkins of Jenkins Law P.L. Kelly-Ann is a car accident attorney in St Petersburg. She focuses on personal injury, car accidents, and bicyclist injuries. The information on this site is not intended to and does not offer legal advice, legal recommendations, or legal representation on any matter. Hiring an attorney is an important decision, which should not be based on advertising. You need to consult an attorney for legal advice regarding your individual situation.
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. This website contains links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, user or browser; the ABA and its members do not recommend or endorse the contents of the third-party sites.