If you have been coming across several instances at work, when your coworker is passing on some uncomfortable remarks or your boss is intentionally touching you inappropriately or asking for sexual favor to give you perks or promotions, it is high time to bring it out and let the world know. These days, males and females in many companies experience such incidents. It is important to stop it as soon as possible before things even go out of hand. A Charlotte Sexual Harassment Lawyer can help in a big way and save you from getting harassed any further.
How can an attorney work in your favor?
He will discuss a few matters with you. Some of them are mentioned below:
- How did you respond during the incident?
- Was it even sexual harassment by law
- Should you file a case or a complaint?
- Is there anything you want to do to protect yourself from future harassment?
- How should you prevent yourself if the employer starts to retaliate about your reporting the incident?
Meet an attorney before reporting sexual harassment
You must need to protect your rights even if you are subjected to sexual harassment. As per the employer’s policy, you may be asked to report the sexual harassment to your human resource department. However, if your manager is the culprit, you don’t need to report to the HR department. In this case, you can contact an attorney who can speak with an HR personnel or the responsible person in your company. It can save you from the feeling of nervousness and harassment.
Helping you protect yourself from being harassed any further
It has been observed that the employer tends to harass the victim in such cases so that he or she can take back the report and the case. An attorney can discuss this matter with your employer and stop this from happening. Some of its steps are mentioned below:
- Documents the harassment and discusses it with the employer
- He can prepare you to deal with the harasser in the company or if you continue working in the same organization
- Monitoring how your employer responds to the complaint and ensures you that he does not retaliate to it.
The best way to handle these cases is to hire a qualified and experienced attorney. They know how to save you from getting harassed in the best possible manner.